New Umbraco installation or deployment does not work
When installing a new instance of Umbraco (or deploying one from development), the site will not run or encounter issues during installation.
Incorrect permissions on
httpdocs and other child objects (files/folders) means that Umbraco is not able to write to the required directories.
You can change the folder/object permissions within your Plesk control panel (see welcome email for more information). Once logged in, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the File Manager and select
Root directoryfrom the left hand directory tree
- Hover over the
httpdocsfolders in the main window to reveal a downward arrow, click the arrow and select Change Permissions
- At the top of the screen, tick
Replace permission entries on all child objects with the entries shown here.
- From the user list (left hand pane), select Plesk IIS Work Process Identity Account
- From the right hand permissions pane, tick Modify
- Click OK to apply the changes and test your Umbraco installation